After Preslee's volleyball games at the American School of Paris, we headed to Disney to try to fit some rides in before the park closed that Saturday. The ISB orchestra, band, and choir were all doing performances on Sunday at the park. I'm pretty sure our athletic dept and music dept don't communicate much since both activities were scheduled for the same weekend, I guess we were just lucky that it was in the same country!
 |
| It was the first time we had been to Disney during the Halloween season. It was, of course, decorated really well. |
 |
| We always eat here. The hotdogs are pretty close to those in the states although the buns could use some work... |
 |
| I love the Haunted Mansion, one of my fave rides and Emerson can even ride this one! |
 |
| She was excited, can't you tell?? |
 |
| Kade was really scared!! :) |
 |
| We finally caught up with sis later that evening. She rode the bus from the school to Disney and they arrived later. She didn't get much riding in |
The next day I had to drag the kids (really, just Mike) out of bed so we could get to Disney extra early. We bought season passes (because they are pretty cheap) so we were able to enter the park before others. They only open a few of the rides though, which I don't get, so we hit them all a few times before the crowd arrived!
 |
| It was rainy that morning and very cold! |
 |
| Emerson's first time on Dumbo! |
 |
| It was freezing that day so I bought E a cute minnie blanket and a lolly. I'm pretty sure she liked the lolly the best! |
 |
| Emerson loved the rides! |
 |
| Family pic minus Pres...she was running around with her friends before the concert |
 |
| It was concert time! They all did really well and it was a neat experience for Pres to get to play at Disney |
| After the concert it was time to fit a few more rides in before leaving. It's a little over a 3 hour drive to Disney and we had school the next day. Kade was not very happy about having to leave.... |
 |
| Buzz is always a favorite! |
 |
| Thunder Mountain |
 |
| Finally caught up with Preslee again after the concert. We were all debating whether we leave or stay a bit longer and let the girls ride a few more rides. They really didn't get to ride that much because of the concert and arriving late after volleyball. So, Mike took the younger 3 kids home (Kade def not happy) and I stayed with a friend and her daughter. We were going to stay just a few more hours and head home...... |
 |
| Preslee and friends |
 |
| So, Preslee and I decided to ride Thunder Mountain because she hadn't had the opportunity to ride it yet. Of course, it breaks down while we are on it. It was running fine and then just came to a halt. It was completely dark and Preslee was freaked out. I was a little freaked because all I could hear was the other coaster still going and I was just hoping it stopped and didn't slam into us! |
 |
| Finally the lights came on and some employees came to us and told us we had to get off the ride. I have never had to do that. We had to walk the rest of the way out along side the tracks. |
 |
| One last pic before we headed to dinner. |
 |
| My friend had left her car at the hotel, so we had to find the right bus to get us back. It was a challenge, we were running all over the place because we didn't want to miss it and we weren't quite sure which bus was the right one. It was already really late and freezing! The girls were troopers! After we finally got to the car, it was about 2:30 am when we got home. It was a very fun day and the girls were fine getting up for school on the next morning. We had a blast! |
No comments:
Post a Comment