Tuesday, April 8, 2014

London


We love going to the UK and getting a little Americana....and this time we were excited to take Momaw, Grammy, and Paps with us.  We had a busy 3 days of fun ahead of us and the excitement was getting to us....we barely made our train time by 3 minutes!




We had to stop and visit Platform 9 3/4 when we got to the train station!




TEA TIME!
We had another yummy tea at Covent Garden hotel.  The scones and clotted cream are oh so good!









Miss E was being fussy so I gave her a sugar cube, which turned into about 10 sugar cubes.....bad mommy!






Preslee loves Wicked and wanted to take her grandparents to see it.  This time I let Mike go (reluctantly) instead of me since I've seen it several times.  They went the evening after our tea and all loved it!



I had arranged a taxi cab tour for the grandparents the next day.  It was a good way for them to see the city without having to walk a lot.  While they were on their outing, we went to the Harry Potter studio for a tour of the sets from the movies.  It was good and the kids enjoyed seeing the sets, costumes, and secrets of the movies.  I'm not a big enough fan, so I think I need to watch the movies more closely. :)
























None of the kids liked the butter beer.  I thought it was pretty good, very sweet.  Mike ended up drinking it all.

I see these two in the future behaving this way!


Not my favorite prop

Diagon Alley was really cool





Wand store


Each wand box has a different name on it.  We found the one with Daniel Radcliffe's
We got some great souvenir photos of the kids...you know, the ones that are terrific quality and really cheap (insert sarcasm).



That evening Mike and I got to have a date night while the grandparents watched the kiddos.  We went to a hi tech restaurant where your table top is like a giant iPad.  You tap on the menu to order apps, drinks, and entrees.  When you select a food, a picture of it is displayed on your plate.  You could even change the background of the table, play games, or order a taxi.  The food was really good and it was something new to try.  You have to be careful because it is so fun to order that you forget you have to pay for it!


We had one more full day in London and decided to walk around and see some of the sites.  We headed first to Piccadilly Circus and the kids begged to go to M&M world.  It does smell good in that place!
Check out Drake's bag of M&Ms.....chocoholic kid!


Next up was Big Ben!


It was VERY windy by the Thames that day, as if you can't tell by our flying hair!


Westminster Abbey



This trip we decided to do the London Eye.  It was a cool experience but very pricey and touristy.  Make sure and buy the fast pass!  It saved us a good two hours of waiting in line.

Inside our capsule.  It was actually very comfortable, they don't pack them like I suspect would happen in the states.









They were having fun...champagne and all!


I'm glad that Mike follows directions....ugh!








Our fun had ended and then it was a train trip back to Belgium. It was mother's day in London the day we left and the Eurostar attendant gave us moms a flower and some lotion.  That was unexpected and very nice! 
 Emerson decided to do gymnastics on the way back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment