Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bluebells and Tulips!

I finally got the chance to see the "blue forest"  of Belgium.  Every spring the bluebells bloom and spread like a carpet across the trees in the Halle woods.  They only last 2 or 3 weeks and can be difficult to find.  Thanks to my wonderful friends here,  I knew they were in bloom and got great directions to find them.  It's really breathtaking when you walk into the forest and see them.  Almost like a fairytale.....
I picked my mom up from the airport at about noon and we headed straight there.  Then, for maybe a little different lighting, I drug all the kids there again after school.  They whined about going but then they were glad they did,  Drake did not want to leave!























She DID NOT want anything to do with that purple bug!  I guess he was trying to match his surroundings. 

The sunlight shining through was gorgeous!






The next day mom and I drove to Holland to finally get to see the tulips.  Mom has been wanting to see them since she has been visiting, but the timing never worked out.  I had never been either, so it was a first for both of us.  They were gorgeous as well and to see some of the fields of tulips in bloom was extraordinary!





Yes, I love shoes and I sure was tempted to find some in my size....or maybe Mike's? Haha


She was being a little sour puss and didn't want to smile for any pictures.

They do love their cheese there, so why not make the rhine into flower pots!

I bribed her with gum! :)






Needed more gum...:)  You can tell I'm trying to tickle her.



We thought these were cute and they are called Pinocchio








Then strawberries made her happy!


1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful flowers and great pictures of the kids.

    ReplyDelete