Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Emerson's One-derland Birthday!

It's hard to believe that Emerson is already a year old.  The more children I have, the faster I feel time goes!!  It seems like yesterday we were in Belgium looking at houses and just found out we were pregnant, it really does seem like a minute ago!  
She's definitely a 4th child, in many ways!  She is spoiled to the core, but we all can't help ourselves.  To us, she is the most adorable and happy baby on Earth.  Her big sister and brothers love her to pieces and she loves them back!  She grabs attention wherever she goes with her precious bald head and toothy grin.  We are all so blessed and fortunate to have her in our family.

So, of course she had to have the best 1st birthday ever, and we think we accomplished that.  She had an Alice in the Wonderland themed party complete with lots of goodies and the cutest outfit ever, made by her very talented Aunt Bethany.  But what made this party the best ever was all the friends and family that came from near and far to help us celebrate Emerson.  It would have meant nothing without them.
Her cake was adorable and tasted great!  I was thrilled with it!


Little Miss in her oh-so-adorable outfit that my sister made.




The kids grinned ear to ear when they saw this table....the adults, not so much :)




The tea party table!!  They each had their own real tea cup that we filled with hot cocoa!










Cousins...Emma, Preslee, and Kendra

Grace, Gabby, and Claire


My college roommate drove down from Indiana to see us!!  I was so excited because I hadn't seen her in a few years.  These are her two beautiful girls...Jade and Bree

My cousin's little girl Collins...so cute!!


Addison, Gracie, and Olivia


The boys would NOT sit at the "pink" table!!  Kade, Kolby, and Drake










Miss Avery and her momma Lindsey


Some of the Carter girls!






                          

Gracie signing Emerson's Alice in the Wonderland guest book.



Craft time!








Katie, Kendall, and Preslee

My friend Adria and her cute little bubby Zakery.

Paps had to protect the drum set from all the kids wanting to play!

Drake has his candy bag filled and he's in heaven!


CAKE!!


Her adorable "o" face she makes!



I think she had a pretty good taste!

I just loved the cake!

Thanks to my sis and sis-in-law for the great pictures. Gran, Grammy, Paps, and Aunt Sherry for helping put the party together.  Special thanks to the clean-up crew (especially Windy & Marc who drove 7 hours to be there) because it was quite a mess. We couldn't have done it without you!


We had such a good time at the party that we didn't have a chance to open the gifts.  The kids were excited to get to help her do it when we got home.








Celebrating her actual birthday in Belgium!


And of course we had to celebrate with her Belgian "aunties" at our favorite spot...Jummi's.  We got to celebrate Emerson's and Wendy's birthdays together. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMERSON MATISSE!!!








4 comments:

  1. all the pictures are fantastic, It was a great idea for a birthday theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm so glad you were able to come although I feel like I didn't get to talk much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I flet the same way. I was wanting to talk to you about scheduling a trip over there, but I want to make sure it will work with your schedule. Let me know when would be and good time or if you are ok with us heading over there. We would love to come over.

    ReplyDelete