Monday, February 25, 2013

London with the ladies! Jan 2013

Celebrating birthdays is so much fun in Belgium.  We have great places to go to for lunch, dinner, or even the weekend!  This time we were celebrating my friend Wendy's 40th.....and we celebrated a lot!  


First was a birthday lunch to celebrate Wendy and Emerson's birthdays....


Then a birthday dinner of mussels, horse (blech!), and frites. Of course we headed to see ol' Manny after dinner.  We can't go downtown Brussels without getting a waffle and seeing our buddy!






Then it was time to head to London to have a fun birthday weekend!
And it snowed a lot!!

Claire and I having fun at dinner!

Even Stanley went to London with us!
Tea time!!  We had a great tea with yummy food!  I think we all over-indulged til it hurt!

Me and the birthday girl!


On our last day some of us had a later train, because our original one was cancelled due to weather,  so we had a few more hours to get to see the sites.  It was a beautiful snowy day in London!







Kinda felt sorry for the guard freezing his tooshy off!


Brandi & I in front of Buckingham!





Mackenzie & Wendy

Ericka, Me, Mackenzie, and Wendy posing in the lovely, snow-filled forest.


And our day in London was coming to an end.....we had to run, and I mean run, to the train station to catch our train....

...just to find out that our train was delayed, and delayed, and delayed!   I think we finally made it home about 2 am, but not after fighting for a taxi (as all 5 of us crammed into it with our bags!) and then driving in very slick conditions back in Belgium to get home.  A crazy end to a fun, fun birthday celebration!!


No comments:

Post a Comment