Sunday, May 6, 2012

Drake's 4th Birthday!!

I can't believe Drake is already 4.  He's grown so quickly, and even more so since we have lived in Belgium.  He makes me scream and laugh all day long.  He is ALWAYS into something or wanting something.  This kid eats more than I can keep up with....thankfully it's mostly fruit that he wants, but he's my candy eater too.  He's brave, I have to say.  Always doing things he knows he shouldn't because climbing up the pantry shelves to get that gum is just worth the punishment.  But he will most certainly place any blame he can on Preslee or Kade before he'll admit that he did it.  He even blames it on them when they are at school!  He's just a stinker!  This is new to me since Preslee and Kade were both easy going and, for the most part, well-behaved, or it was just easier to deal with with only two kids...I can't sometimes decide which one it is.  He's one of those kids that it's just hard not to laugh at when you know you should be punishing him...he's so darn funny.  I wish I could remember all the things that he has said to make us laugh.
So, we started to plan his party.  He first said he wanted to have it at my friend Theresa's house, guess he thinks her house is more fun.  After talking him out of that, he said he wanted it at Little Gym.  We actually do have those here, which shocked me.  So, I went there to set up a date and they were booked until August!!!  Guess I need to be more on the ball over here with parties.  He was upset but finally was ok with just having a small party at our house.  Anytime I would ask him who he wanted to invite, he'd only say 3 or 4 kids, so having it at Little Gym would have meant he would have to tell me a few more names.  He insisted on no girls, he doesn't like them or ever want to play with them...although one of his best friends is Megan, a girl!  And I know he misses his Gabby in Cleveland....


Megan


His buddy Parker

His friend Megan

Best Bud Conner

And his bud Noah
Anyways, we had a family party at our house and grilled hotdogs and hamburgers and all the parents had a good time hanging out....felt more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment