Monday, June 9, 2014

Madrid with my girls!

So, I am way behind on all my blogs and it will only get worse with this little issue of packing up and moving back to the states.  Here's the first of many that I have coming....they will have to be short and sweet :)
Madrid was my last girls trip before the move.  That's very hard for me to believe, it seems like we just moved here!  I am so blessed to have these girls in my life and we had such a blast!

We were all worried about the forecast in Madrid...rain, rain, and more rain.  Really?  We just assumed it would be nice and warm.  We checked into our hotel and this was outside of one of our windows.  Was this a sign??  

And this view was out our other window...the beautiful Royal Palace


Our walk around Madrid started at the palace and we got there just in time for the changing of the guard ceremony.   

The palace grounds were beautiful.

Wendy and the SUN!!  Yay!  It was still a little chilly but we were happy to see the sun!

 First, of many, stops for Sangria!   My girls....Shirley, Wendy, Stacy, and Cori. 

We found the "Grand Place" of Madrid, or at least that is what we called it, and had an interesting time.



We met Spidey and he LOVED Cori..."Yellow Girl" he called her.  As we were having more sangria, he came to our table to visit us.  He was quite entertaining.  Before we left the square we decided to take some pics with him.  They are  hilarious! He even had a chubby mini-me to help collect his money :)





That night we decided, last minute, to go to a cabaret show.  We were in for an interesting night that's for sure! The whole show was in Spanish but we got the basics :)






Very interesting...but we had so much fun and laughed a lot!



Great first day!



This was the best spot for wifi in our hotel room...lol!


Our second day we walked all around Madrid and enjoyed shopping and the sites.  Another day calling for rain...but we had some  sunshine!!










This statue was on our Starbucks mugs and Wendy wanted to find him!
Bear and the Madroño Tree

The people statues around Europe are always interesting and we always try to debate on how they are doing their stunt.  We loved the military men and I think Wendy could have a side job some day!

I loved the street signs


Back to Plaza Mayor we went....spidey was no where to be seen






City Hall of Madrid




We must see something really cool :)

Our last night in Madrid and we found our roof top bar at our hotel.  It was closed so we brought our own.  We had some great laughs and views!


We just noticed this while leaving the roof top and heading back to our room.  Not real sure sure the point but interesting.

I could not have asked for a more fun last hurrah with my girls here in Europe.  I know we will have many more when we are all back in the states and I can't wait!  I love you all and could not imagine my life without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment