Sunday, September 8, 2013

Florence, Italy by Preslee


My 6th Grade Field Trip to Florence!


Me and my four friends getting ready to leave Brussels!

Sissy not so happy about me leaving! I missed her so much!

I love my sister so much!
Me and my BFF Maho! 
Off we GO!!!
All the buses in a line getting ready to head towards Paris, where we ride an overnight train to Florence, Italy!
EXCITED!!!


       This was the overnight train we had rode to Italy in! I slept on the top bunk with my Best friends Farrah, Maho, and also Lucy. After a long ride playing games and having fun we were finally in Florence!  That morning we were getting off and going to eat at a cafe for breakfast, but when we got to the cafe I noticed my purse, 55 euros, and my camera was gone! I was very sad but my amazing friends helped me by buying me breakfast! I couldn't be more thankful to have friends like them! I luckily still had the rest of my weeks worth of money in my suitcase! I was in luck afterwards because my friend Freddie had found 10 euros on the ground and had given it to me, I was so happy!
Our first class photo in Florence!
We bought handmade journals to write about our trip in!
This was a lady from The Palazzo Vecchio who was an actress and was acting to be a lady in waiting in the Renaissance. She was funny and hilarious!
     This was a picture I had taken with my disposable camera that my teacher had bought for me! I took this at the top of the Duomo a building made by Brunelleschi. We climbed up 463 steps to get to the top! Counting up and down it was 926 steps! It was raining that day so it was cloudy but it was still beautiful!
   Another picture from the top of the Duomo!
  Florence!
This is The Arno river where lots of the trading boats came in the Renaissance.
This picture was taken at the top of the San Miniato where Michelangelo had hidden from the pope. This is also where the man who made Pinnochio was buried!
Me and some of my friends up on the windy mountain! 
From the left, Maho, me, Farrah, and Rose!
Beautiful Garden!
Me! 
Lovely!
The Arno River!

This is the Bargello where Donatello's David is.
Me in front of the Santa Croce!
The Santa Croce is where Galileo, Dante, Donatello, and Michelangelo where buried in.
Class photo in front of the Santa Croce!
The square in front of the Santa Croce! Where they had a really good pizza restaurant there which we had eaten at for lunch!
The stain glass windows in the Santa Croce! Beautiful!
Me and my BFF Maho eating pizza at Il Grillo! The amazing pizza restaurant I was talking about!
The Santa Maria Novella which has Masaccio's Trinity there! Masacio was a very talented painter!
Giotto's bell Tower and behind that you can see some of the Duomo!
A closer look at the bell tower and some of the Duomo.
A class picture after dinner!
      Me doing my presentation about Fra Angelico! Everyone in the 6th grade had to study about a certain Renaissance person and so I chose Fra Angelico. Fra Angelico is a fresco painter and was born in 1395-1455. In 1989 Pope John Paul the 2nd declared Fra Angelico a patron of Catholic artists. Fra Angelico's name means the Angelic Friar in Italian.
I do not know exactly what I was doing in this picture but it looks like I was explaining something????
To the left Lucy, me, and Maho
      Last Day, I'm going to miss Florence, but I couldn't wait to see my family and give them their presents I had bought them! I was also excited because family was there the day I came back!

No comments:

Post a Comment