Tuesday, March 25, 2014

St Patrick's Day Weekend in Dublin

When I realized Zac Brown Band was going to be in Dublin, I knew it would be a great way for me to talk Mike into going.  I don't listen to country but they are one of Mike's favorite groups and I love Dublin, it's such a fun city!  I eventually talked him into it and we even had a few friends join us.  I only realized a week before we were going that it was also St. Paddy's weekend.  I knew we were in for a crazy one!  

I agree :)

A weekend of country music in Ireland that included Dierks Bentley, Dixie Chicks, Zac Brown Band on Friday.  Saturday was Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, and Band Perry.  We only went to the Friday night concert though




I couldn't believe how small this venue was for such a big event.  It was certainly nice not to have to fight people getting in and out, but I was surprised they could get such talent to come.  

Dixie Chicks were actually really good, I was surprised.

Kate and I hanging out at the very top so we could dance!  I guess in Europe people do not stand up at concerts.  It's so annoying.  So we had to go to the top where no one was behind us.

These girls were dancing with us.  She was so excited to meet Craig and find out he made M&M's! Haha.  He really doesn't, works for Mars but close enough!



I may now be a fan of Zac Brown, they were really good!



They came out in glow in the dark skeleton suits

It was a blast!!!



The next day our friends had to leave so Mike and I walked around Dublin to enjoy the tastes and sites of the city...shopping too :)


Christ Church Cathedral

St Patrick's Cathedral

Famous pub where we stopped for a drink...it was busy!


Mike wanted to do the Jameson tour.  We had to wait in line for an hour just to get a reservation to come back a few hours later for the tour time.  Didn't like that but glad we didn't have the kids at this one.  It's a nice place with a cool bar.  The tour was just ok, the whiskey isn't made here anymore.  I was just ready for the free drink at the end and I don't like whiskey!

Mike said he would make this for me....I'm gonna hold him to that!


Showing the different colors in the whiskeys depending on age and type of barrel that they are aged in.

Our included drink...whiskey, ginger, and lime.  It wasn't bad.


It was just about 6pm and already getting crazy for St. Patrick's Day!  Mike and I walked forever trying to find a pub where we could eat.  They were all packed with everyone watching some important Rugby game.....


I think this is the same Leprechaun I had my pic with two years ago!

 The Disney Store all decked out

We walked into a cute type of shopping mall and these ladies and gents were belting out some tunes


St. Andrew's Church

Mike and I were eating at TGIFridays (I know, but we wanted a little Americana:)) and noticed this security camera.  It was watching people in the bathroom....creepy


This was my third time in Dublin and it never gets old! Mike WAS with me, he just refused to take a pic with the leprechaun :)   It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment