Friday, June 29, 2012

First week out of school!



We thought we would just relax and take a break the week after school, especially since we have Italy coming up and our big trip back to the states.  Well, that didn't happen.....

Our friends, the Hamlets, are doing their own Belgian tour this summer instead of heading back to the states.  So we decided to join them on a fun day of castle hunting....


Chateau d'Havre with the Hamlets
This was a lot different than what we thought it would be!  We didn't expect a ruin but that's what we got.  They were setting up inside for a party so someone must think it's a pretty cool place.  But it is still neat to see castles that are this old

Buddies


The kids loved the playground!



Chateau de Beloeil
This castle was on some beautiful grounds.  It was not open for season yet, so that was a bummer.  We only missed it by a few days.




This may be illegal...

And there's the pose!

Google translate??? Haha...








DISNEYLAND PARIS

Then my crazy self decided I didn't have enough to do, so I would just take all the kids to Disney by myself!  I had been wanting to go back since we had bought passes in November, but really didn't think I'd be brave enough to do it on my own.  But I did and I guess I was!  Luckily, my friend Jenn came the first day with her new baby and sat with E so I could take the kids on some rides.




THEY WERE A BIT EXCITED!!!


She just didn't know it yet...

Preslee took these goofy pics in the car as we were driving there.


 Walt Disney Studios Park



Cars Race Rally



Always smiling....

She got to wear her Snow White hair bow and Minnie Mouse bloomers!




We love the Tower of Terror!

Yes, I illegally took a pic of the photo you are suppose to purchase....but who buys those things??  Mine are usually horrible, but this was funny!  I thought Drake was screaming so I grabbed him, but he was laughing the whole time and loved it.



And we ran into my good friends Shirley & Cristy with their daughters.  This car is the one that has the Geauga County license plate on it!

Drake making his potato head at the Disney store!




Disneyland Park

Today I was on my own and a little worried that the kids would not get to ride many rides because I had to stay with the baby and they would need an adult.  Well, I think we slipped through by the skin of our teeth a few times.  Emerson did get to ride Peter Pan because I said she was ALMOST 1!  They just looked at me and let me go.  Then on some rides I would walk the kids through the line and not get on, even though the emloyees would say I couldn't do that, I would tell them that the other guy just let me.  It seems that here they do have rules but let them slide sometimes.  Most the time I think they are silly or at least not consistent.  Preslee and Kade had no trouble getting on the big roller coaster without an adult, but when they were in line for the baby roller coaster they were told they needed an adult, but then let them ride anyways.  The kids were troopers since I made them get up at 7 so we could get there by 8 am!  I knew it would be packed because the weather was so nice, and this Disney is a lot smaller than Orlando so it gets crowded faster.  Since we have passes we get to go in a few hours before anyone else does, and it saved us so much time that we didn't have to stand in line!  We had ridden all our favorites by noon!  All in all we had a pretty smooth and fun day!  We only left one bag of gift shop stuff at the Pizza Planet when we had lunch, but better than leaving a kid!


Trying to pull the sword out....

You can't go to Disney and not ride Dumbo!


She's giving a pucker because she wanted to ride Dumbo too :(


Madhatter's chair

Sticking her tongue at momma!

Tea time!

Riding the tea cups...Preslee doesn't like the spinny rides, so I got to ride this one!

LOVE HER!




I told the kids that they needed to pick their top ride for the day so we would be sure to ride them.  By noon we had ridden them all twice!
Drake's favorite...Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast

Preslee's fave....Big Thunder Mountain

Kade's #1...Star Wars Star Tours


The boys love to play games!  They just cost a fortune and are pretty lame....

We ate lunch at Pizza Planet!!  This is more of a place to go for the "scenery" and not the food :)
But we did leave our bag of goodies here....Kade was bummed

It was worth the hassle of going by myself and we decided (jokingly of course...hehe) that Daddy holds us up too much because we got so much more done.....Just kidding, we missed Daddy!  But we had a great day and I was glad to use our passes again, they were definitely worth the money!
Now we are off to Italy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment