Friday, September 9, 2011





Well, this week has been a pretty good week, although Mike has been out of town for most of it.
Last Friday I went to a get together for the American Womens Club of Brussels.  I think it will be a big help for me in meeting people and knowing I'm not the only one who goes through a change like this, they have all been through it and are very willing to share info.  That is where I found my new doc who I love!  She speaks great English and is very straight forward and funny at times.  Most all of the women at the club go to her!  This is also where I will take a class called "Hints."  I already had the book but everyone said the class is great and very helpful with learning all things Belgian.  I'm excited to start it and learn new things!


Preslee had her first slumber/birthday party on Saturday.  She was very excited and had a ball.  They went to a swimming pool and then had pizza (which I'm sure was very good but she said it was ok, hard to get Papa Johns off the kid's mind!).  She had her first volleyball game Tuesday right after school.  She played pretty good, but I could tell she was very nervous.  They have practices Tues/Thurs at 7 in the morning!!  Yes 7!  Mike usually takes her but when he is out of town it's up to me....ugh, getting all 3 kids up and ready is quite a pain.  After dropping her off I come back home, get Kade on the bus, and then get Drake ready and take him back to the school.  It's quite a morning.  Yesterday, Drake fell asleep on the way there...tired boy.  Her next weekend games will be in Bonn.  That will be her first time staying with another family and our first travels!


So, had another doc appt, on my bday no doubt, and it was better.  As I said, I love the doc and felt a whole lot more comfortable....all I can say is, at least she had a robe for me to put on.  Anyways, I had a great bday.  Mike was out of town but I had a great birthday lunch with new friends and they even brought me gifts.  How fun is that?  They only knew me for a week at most (except Julie) and already were giving me gifts....they definitely made me feel special.  Julie is someone who we met on our first trip here looking at houses.  We loved her house, but she ended up not moving....a blessing for us (except we loved her house) but maybe not for her...  So, we kept in touch over the summer and she has been such a help since we have arrived.  She set up my birthday lunch, and her gift to me was a robe!  Haha!!  She thought I could take it on my doc visits...very funny.

I had an ultrasound this week as well.  And yes, it's still a girl!  Thank goodness after all those clothes Preslee & I bought back in the states before we left (that Mike's parents have to bring with them because we didn't have enough room in our suitcases....).  She is growing well...and so am I, ugh!
We were also suppose to get our cable and phone that day, but I had to go to the ultrasound and missed them.  Such a pain!  They make no exceptions and I don't even know how to get through to talk to anyone.  So probably have to wait another two weeks.  I really don't know why it takes so long to get service, but things are different here that's for sure.

So, Mike finally comes home today and Preslee is at yet another bday party.  We are supposed to have our cultural training tomorrow.  Not quite sure what all that is about, but will write about it later.
Oh, and now I can drive to school AND McDonalds without navigation! Woohoo!

Well, Drake just told me that he pooped in the garage and ran over it with Preslee's skateboard....joy




He may look like an angel....





2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear it is going well -- and Preslee made the volleyball team -- CONGRATS!! Tell her all her girl scout buddies miss her. We updated everyone (per your blog info) at our first meeting last week and we picked Belgium as our country for WFD this spring. Miss you all dearly, but know that your only out of sight -- not out of our hearts or minds!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! We miss you all too! Preslee is excited that you all picked Belgium for WFD, hopefully we can help in some way. She has joined scouts here but will miss a lot because of Volleyball. Hard to do more than one activity here. Hope all is well at Seton! Tell everyone Hi for us.

    ReplyDelete