Preslee had her first away games this past weekend. She went to Bonn, Germany. We were going to go but Mike had to be out of town and Kade had a soccer game. We opted to miss these games in hopes of making the rest of them. We got an extra cell phone for her to take so she could call us several times while she was gone. She had a great time staying with the host family and I think it's going to be another great experience for her to meet more new people and see how they live. She also has to eat whatever they make for dinner and for her a lunch the next day. This will make her try new things because she is too nice to other adults to not try their food, and for me she is very picky and complains the whole time if I want her to try something. I asked her if they were Americans and she really didn't know. She said they spoke German to each other but English to her.
She played some great games as well. She got all but one serve over, and she was relieved because she had been having trouble with that. I think it will help her not be so anxious now.
She had fun on the bus too. They ride with the older girls teams and also the soccer teams on a big double decker bus. Every time she called they were singing and having a good time.
Our cultural training was pretty interesting. A lady came to our house to give us some insight and history on Belgium. She was from the area we live in and knew a lot to tell us. She travels quite often and even teaches at a university in the U.S. She answered our questions and took us in to town for lunch and showed us around. Then she talked to Mike about business stuff, to help him interact better with all the different countries and cultures that he deals with daily.
I finally got my vehicle this week. I'm so glad I do not have to drive the manual anymore! It's such a distraction when you are trying to navigate on roads here. I also learned to really watch out for the trams, kinda had a close call. Sometimes you have to cross over tracks driving and they can just pop up out of nowhere (although I should know they are there, but sometimes I am trying to figure out where I am going). And they don't stop, so you have to watch out.
Keep seeing the huge spiders in our house (well one in the house and one in the garage). They are just creepy. When I feel like I'm being snuck up on by a cat and it turns out to be a spider...that's pretty big and scary. We have a hedgehog too that has been coming out at night, he is supposed to eat bugs so I'm hoping he will get with it on the spiders. Mike looks for him all the time and is determined to get a pic....we'll see.
Finally planned our first vacay....Paris it is! Disney for a couple days then some sightseeing, and hopefully a little shopping. We will be going in Nov. during the kids' fall break. Can't wait!

Tell Kade he is not the last one to lose teeth! Ryan is hanging on to his bottom teeth for dear life! (The new ones are already starting to grow in behind them... Yuck!) and Ryan said "no fair" that Kade lost them before him ;) so maybe this will inspire him to wiggle them out a little sooner!
ReplyDeleteBTW... I think spiders are supposed to be a sign of good luck...
Hello~Geesh, I finally figured this out:) I know right?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is going well for you all. It seems Pres is adjusting well too. How cool is that bus! Does each player stay at a separate house, or are their a couple that stay together? Sooo I can't believe you're going to disney! Take some pics, it will be neat to compare the 2 parks.
How are you feeling? Must be ok if you' re planning trips ;)
Talk to you soon.
Ally
Only you Ally...haha! Pres is doing really well and so is Kade. They put two players in each house so no one is alone.
ReplyDeleteYes, we are going to Disney and I can't wait. Getting a bit homesick, so I hope it makes me feel like we are in the states...lol, except they speak French. I am feeling good just really tired all the time, normal I guess. Looks like you had a great time in Orlando..made me jealous. :)