Friday, August 26, 2011

This week we have been busy unpacking and starting school.  Our air shipment came on Tuesday and it was easy to unpack and arrange.  We had a few mattresses in it so we were able to spend the night at our new house that night.  Preslee started school on Wednesday and after a rough night of nervousness, she did very well.  On the other hand, us getting her to school on time was a different story.  We left the house an hour before school started and arrived a few minutes late.  Our navigation, plus Mike missing an exit, got us all confused and the traffic here is awful.  We eventually made it and were glad to see others late as well.  She rode the bus home that afternoon, which I decided is much easier on all of us.  So Kade started on Thursday and was very excited.  They both rode the bus in the morning and afternoon…much easier.  They are both loving school, but I think its all the extra snack times and recesses that they get here that they love.  Rain (and its always raining) or shine they are outside playing.  Drake started on Thursday as well.  He only went for an hour, but surprisingly did well.  No crying, so I was glad.  He didn't cry going to school last year but has started getting more attached and this is definitely a bigger place.  I think its easier on him since big brother and sister are at the same school.  He will go to school two full days and one half day.  They can go every day, but I decided three was enough especially since I have to drive him because he is obviously too young to ride the bus.
I finally started driving, because Mike made me, and it wasn't that bad. I was more worried about driving the stick shift than the actual roads, but it was like riding a bike, you never forget.  Now, I'm worried about the traffic.  People drive crazy, I don't know all the traffic laws (really not any), and there is parking in the weirdest places.  But, I have to go so I have no choice…. I can now almost make it to school without the navigation.  It's funny that our navigation addresses saved are…home, school, and of course McDonalds. At this point those are the three most important places.  McD is important for obvious reasons, but also because they have free wifi and that's the only place I can get internet right now.  Our cable company is coming sometime in Sept, they do not get in any hurry over here.
The movers came yesterday, and that's when you start to regret all the shopping, Christmases, and birthdays because it is too much stuff!  We thought we did so well before we left to get rid of things…wow, I told them to please stop bringing boxes in!!  We have a lot to unpack and Mike hates it because he knows I will want it all done pronto.  I do not like having boxes laying around, so I'll probably push myself and Mike to get it don't quickly.  And being pregnant doesn't help me go as fast as I like.  
I'd really like to be just planning our first trip, but it will have to wait I guess…..
Kade's first day of school and Preslee's second



Drake waiting for them to get off the bus...a big hug for big brother


The truck with an elevator that they use to get all the heavy objects to the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Drake's first day

No comments:

Post a Comment