We have finally arrived in Belgium after a long summer of wondering how the whole process was gonna go. Our house was emptied the first of July, so we stayed in Ky with family until Aug 19. We got our visas Aug 18, so we were cutting it a little close. My fingerprints came back from the FBI as unreadable, which took 8 weeks to even go through! Luckily, the Belgian consulate told Mike about a place in Chicago that can turn them around quickly. So we drove to Chicago one early morning and it literally took them 20 minutes to go through....they've only been doing that process for 3 weeks, so we were very lucky.
So, after some sad goodbyes we were on a plane to Europe. The kids did great on the 8 hour flight, Drake slept the whole time which was a blessing. We went to our new house to unpack some of our 14 bags that we brought with us, yes 14! The kids loved the house especially the trampoline that we bought and was already set up in the back yard. We are staying in a hotel for a few more days until we can get all of our things moved in and set up. It's a very nice hotel in the middle of lots of trees, kind of the middle of nowhere....which I guess explains the humongous spider I found in the tub this morning. I was a little freaked out to say the least. We then went to a new family day at the school and met some very nice and helpful people. Went to the only McDonald's around for lunch, then headed back to the house to get a few things. As we were getting ready to leave, what do I see??? One of the HUGE spiders in my house!!! So, to say the least I am not a happy camper at this point. I told Mike to please (probably didn't say please) call the landlord and the previous tenants to ask what the deal is with the small rodents. If you know me, you know that I am terrified of spiders, and these are literally the biggest ones I have seen not at a zoo!
 |
| Kids with Grammy and Paps at the airport |
 |
| Gran saying goodbye for now.... |
 |
| Kade loving the flying life...unlimited sprite and food! |
 |
| Kids at the new house |
 |
| Ugly, huge, scary spider!! |
Next to the spiders, I am most terrified of driving. Mike has been driving so far, and thank goodness for navigation!! I have to get a manual car for awhile until I order my car, and yes I used to have one, but driving on these crazy roads with signs that I don't understand yet, scares me. I mean, there may be a one lane road to get somewhere that is not one way!! So you and the driver coming towards you kind of have to figure out who gets to go first. There could be a rule for that but of course I haven't read a book on driving in Belgium yet.
So, day 1 and post 1...we'll see how good I will be at keeping this up. :)
Love this Lucinda! Keep the updates and pictures coming - although I could have done without actually seeing the spider! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat pic freaks me out too!
ReplyDeleteMike read my post and made fun of me saying, "you know that spiders aren't rodents." I said "duh Mike, its a joke!" So, hopefully everyone knows that it was a JOKE because it was as big as a rodent...haha.
Glad to hear that you guys made it in one piece! :) Good luck unpacking! Hopefully there arent too many mystery boxes.
ReplyDeleteToo funny about your spiders... We had a huge one here in the basement when we moved in. He was just hangin out on the couch sitting next to me one day
Ryan liked the pics :) and wanted to let Kade know that he was sitting in seat/row 7 on the bus (I think they discussed it last year ;)