Friday, August 31, 2012

Visit to the States 2012

So, it's been awhile since my last post (well, besides the last two.  They were easy ones and I had actually started this one first :) ).  I decided to take the summer off from blogging and try not to worry too much about it, and I didn't.  I feel great when I've finished a post, but I'm a little stressed about it until I do.  For some reason it is sometimes hard to find the time to do it..ummm, 4 kids!! But I want to do it for my kids to have something to look at one day and for all my friends and family who enjoy reading about our adventures.  So here are a few pics from our summer in the states...I didn't even take my camera home though!!  So most are from my phone or someone else.
And thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my blog because I am definitely not a writer nor a photographer, but I do my best!




Emerson in her first class seat...flying in style. :)

Part of our welcome home committee.  After Greg, Lindsey and Avery picked us up from the airport, our sleepy selves had to go to BW3s for great food (ok, great to us since we really missed it!) and great company!  The Strazek kids made us this cute sign.

Mike and I decided to have a get together in Cleveland to try to see a lot of friends at once.  It was a fun time, but I still felt a little loopy from the time change and flight.  And this was after my 3 hour shopping trip to Target (and the first of many shopping trips to that wanderful place)! This is the amazing cake my friend Windy had made...it was adorable!



Our good friend Pete already hanging with E at the bar

This was yet another party for us that the Cole family had one night...our niece Miss Avery got herself a yummy cookie with blue icing!  Daddy gave it to her while Mommy was at work :)

Sparkler fun!

Kade had to get himself some yummy yogurt from one of the many new frozen yogurt places in town!

So, we mosied (is that even a word..don't know how you spell it if it is..haha) on down to Ky and the first place my kids always want to go is to Grammy & Paps' pool!  We have logged many hours in that pool over the years.  They've had it for about 30 years, so I think it was a great investment!  Emerson loved it!  The water was nice and warm for her, since it was scorching down there!

And Texas Roadhouse is Preslee's favorite place to eat (I think we realized we have lots of favorites now).  We happened to be there on Mike's birthday...yep, made him get on the saddle.  I'm not sure he was real thrilled about it.

Little E getting to meet her cousins Claire & Grace for the first time...well, she met all her cousins for the first time and most of her family!
More pool time and this time there was a water fight....

I don't think Paps won....

Nope, he didn't!

The fish crew...they swam like fish all summer!

Emerson getting pool time with Uncle Greg

My kids LOVE the farm!  Their grandpa owns a huge farm and they want to be out there all the time riding four wheelers, hunting, and whatever else they do.  They did not get that from me!  I was raised on a farm (yes, I was) but it's not for me..just ask Mike.  He threatens to move me there all the time...I just like the big cities I guess.  My mom told me that when I was little I used to always say that I just didn't belong there.  Well.....I have to agree with my small self :)  But my kids love it and I'm glad they do..they have tons of fun there.

We found our old exersaucer at my sis-in-law's house.  Emerson enjoyed it for about 5 minutes, then she'd just scream for me to take her out.  Loves to be held...ALL the time!

Got my cool shades on!

Making tie-dye shirts with Grammy

And tried them out when we got back to Belgium


I can sit up!!!  Although we think that she could before this but she is always being held by everyone..but that's ok, she's too sweet to put down!

Well.....we happened to end up at Texas Roadhouse for Paps' birthday....he had to ride the saddle too!  I think Preslee's gonna get it when it's her bday!

At the beginning of our visit Drake would not take his floaties off or go in the deep end....by the end, he was jumping off the diving board and swimming everywhere without them!

And then doing his karate moves off the diving board

Back again in Cleveland....Avery and Emerson hanging out

The kids with their favorite babysitter Kristen!  She is the best and had them every minute she could while we were in Cleveland.  They all even stayed the night with her.  She has the sweetest parents that love our kids too.  They are a great family!  

Love her!

And back to Ky!  Emerson with her sweet Great Grandpa

And her sweet Great Grandma

Drake's first (and hopefully last!!!!!) ER visit.  After just being in the ER with Kade, I was not happy to be there again with Drake, but we were in the states so we could at least understand the doctor.  Drake hit his head on the floor while we were visiting Mike's grandparents.  He cried some so Mike picked him up.  He then started to gurgle and act strange and wanted to fall asleep right away.  We were a bit freaked out.  So, after a call to my cousin that worked in the ER, we took him right away.  He had a scan and was fine but he scared us a lot!

We could not go to the states and not attend our county fair!! So say our children....  Our kids talk about the fair all year long.  We had to adjust our flight plans back to Belgium just so they could go.  Well, I have to admit that a corn dog and funnel cake sounded really good to me too!!  It's small and fun and we get to see a lot of people that we normally wouldn't, so definitely worth it in the end.

Emerson on her first fair ride with Aunt Kelly!


But then it was ho ho hum...back to Belgium.  The kids were upset we had to go.  I was ready for our house and a routine but not wanting to really leave either.  But we got our 14 bags packed and off we went!  Yes, I shopped...A LOT!

Emerson playing with Daddy in the airport lounge...gotta love that lounge when you have 4 kids!

She was glad to be home

Then it was time to unpack and put away. And this is just Emerson's stuff!  Told you...I shopped, A LOT!  I actually paid the kids 6 euros to unpack about 10 bags and they did it!  Even put the stuff in everyone's room.  Gotta love the power of money!

This kid is just cute!


So we are back in Belgium.  Kids have started school and things are good.  Looking forward to our fall visitors and going back to the states for Christmas.  Emerson will be one then and I can't believe it!  Time is flying....

No comments:

Post a Comment