Monday, July 28, 2014

Can't forget Paris....

Well, our very last hurrah while living overseas had to be Paris.  When I went to Paris with Momaw and the family back in March, I just knew this was the last place I wanted to go before we moved back to the states.  Grammy and Paps were still visiting us and they had just gotten back from their own European tour (Dublin, Rome, and Barcelona), so it was a great opportunity for Mike and I to get to relax in Paris for a few days.  Of course we had to bring a few friends a long and we all had the best time!  
We arrived in Paris late on Friday evening and the one thing I really wanted to do that weekend was to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I had been to the top before but it was really foggy and any other time I had been to Paris the line was forever long and I never wanted to waste the time.  But this was a waste your time kind of weekend so I wanted to go!  It was supposed to rain the rest of the weekend, so after some coaxing and giving a few pouty faces, I talked everyone into going that night.  Thankfully, since is was like 10:30 pm, the line was not that long at all.  It still took a few hours to get there, but we did!  It was gorgeous at night!



We made it to the top!
Pat, Shirley, Mike, me, Jo, and Nathan



We ran into a few other Aussies (Jo & Nathan's friends) and they joined us for the hike up.  Yes, Jo is lying on the dirty ground, in white jeans!!!, to get this shot :)

The next day we just got to roam around Paris.  Shopping, stopping for drinks, and seeing the beautiful sites.
The Louvre



Crazy Nathan wanted to ride this and he couldn't talk any of us into joining him.  Any ride that already has puke blockers as face shields, is not anything I want to attempt!  He, of course, had a blast!

Enjoying the Tuileries Garden



Another item on my list was to go see Moulin Rouge.  It's expensive and pretty touristy, but it was a fun show and something else got checked off the list :)








The elevator at our hotel was super tiny but we had to share!
Our last day and the rain had come.  The last thing on my list was to get a drawing of the kids done in Montmartre and luckily we got to see the beautiful Sacré Coeur again.





A little Avenue des Champs-Élysées fun and shopping at LV!

Nathan talked us into risking our lives for this one :)

Love this pic of the boys at the train station!

We will never forget Paris and especially this great weekend with friends!




















No comments:

Post a Comment