| So, this is a picture of my magnet that I bought in the gift store. There is absolutely no photography allowed inside the convent. Seeing the Last Supper was definitely one of the things I will remember most about living in Europe. I did expect some huge painting with a beautiful frame or something, but it's just a modest painting on the wall. It's not small like the Mona Lisa, but I guess I just expected more of a show. We had to have tickets, which thankfully Sara got for us because it can take months to be able to get them, and we went into a few different rooms before we could enter. We had 15 minutes to stare at the painting and then we were ushered out. It was amazing to see and to get to think about what it really meant. |
No comments:
Post a Comment